History

Greyhound racing in South Australia commenced in 1947 and was conducted for recreational purposes only.

In 1971, the Government passed legislation to allow legalised betting on greyhound racing and it has grown steadily ever since to become the successful sport it is today.

Under the name of The Adelaide Greyhound Racing Club Inc, greyhound racing established its headquarters at Angle Park and conducted its first registered meeting with full betting facilities on April 20, 1972.

In the years that followed, significant investment has continued to support the provision of comfortable public amenities.

In May 1990, additional investment was made to upgrade the upper level facilities which included the establishment of a restaurant, bistro and lounge bar.  All these facilities overlook the racetrack.

In 1994, with the support of the Government, a portion of the Harold Tyler Reserve (Greyhound Park) at Angle Park was purchased to provide GRSA with its own freehold over the property.

The Adelaide Greyhound Racing Club Inc's inaugural committee or Board (1972)

Left to right back row; K Hunt, J Godfrey, D Wescott, K Bloffwich, J McMurdo, T Butcher.

Left to right front row; R Mark, H Ashton (sec manager), H Goodwin (chairman), B Johnstone, B Pahl. 

Aerial view of Angle Park in the early ‘70’s